The Indian Nations Council is excited to offer Internet Rechartering to your unit. We think you’ll love this new method for rechartering, because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself, which ensures that it will be correct – and you can do it from your home, local library, office or the Donald W. Reynolds Scout Resource Center. It’s a secure, easy-to-use application. This process even allows the user to upload data from Troop Master, Pack Master or Scout Soft programs.
Here’s how to get started:
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering.
- Internet rechartering online can begin November 1, 2008, the renewal processor should gather recharter material and log onto the council Web site at that time.
- Select First-Time User and enter the unit access code.
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
Here’s a checklist to wrap up the recharter process:
- After completing all the recharter information click the SUBMIT button.
- Then Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package (includes the charter renewal application, lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults.)
- Acquire the APPROPRIATE SIGNATURES on the application. (Institutional Head (IH and Unit Leader, this can be the CC or CR in any unit or Packs, CM; Troops, SM; Crew, NL; or Team, VC)
- Then MULTIPLY $2.00 dollar for each PAID participant and ADD it to the total recharter cost as the recharter application does not figure in member insurance.
- Make an APPOINTMENT with any District Executive (DE), 918-743-6125, to obtain their signature and final review.
- Bring all the new applications and the fee payment to the appointment.
QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS: Contact the Scout Service Center @ 918-743-6125 and they will connect you with your District Executive .
Helpful Hints to the Rechartering Process
- Be sure the executive officer of your sponsor has signed in the proper place.
- If you have changed sponsors be sure to make this change on the front page of the charter. Draw a line through the old sponsor and write in the new one under the old.
- Starting with the adults, all the leaders that are returning to the unit leave on the charter and change only position, address, birthdate, telephone, etc., if necessary. Due to the CBC summer project an adult leader that has 3 asterisks symbols (***) by their name will need to fill out a new adult application. The adults not planning to return to the unit draw a line through their entire name, address, phone, and birth date.
- Same as with the adults, youth returning to the unit leave on the charter and change only the necessary items such as birthdate, phone, also address if they moved. The youth leaving the unit cross out with a ruler all the information pertaining to that youth. DO NOT WRITE IN THE YOUTH AREA, NOTES SUCH AS, MOVED, NOT PAID, OR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AS TO WHY THE BOY IS NOT REGISTERING.
- For any adult or youth already registered but do not appear on the printout simply add them on the CHARTER RENEWAL OVERFLOW PAGES WITH COMPLETE INFORMATION. The recharter papers are printed for the kits the first week of October. Any persons added after that date will not appear on your printout. If you have the ID# of the persons you are adding to the overflow please list it as that will speed up the process. USE SEPARATE PAGES FOR YOUTH AND ADULT MEMBERS.
- For new youth or adults we must have the proper applications and they must be signed in the proper place by the leader, Charter Representative and Chairman. WE CAN NOT ACCEPT UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS OR YOUTH.
- Fill out and return in your Quality Unit Award application with your charter. Remember your Unit MUST renew its Charter before December 31 to be on time.
- Unit Insurance is very important. Don’t forget to collect the $2.00 per person registering with your unit for the Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan. In your recharter kit you will find a brochure giving all the details concerning this insurance. Any questions you might have concerning the insurance plan we offer can be answered by the registration department at recharter time or anytime you need help through the year.
- Don’t forget to list all the adult partners for your tigers you are listing on the overflow sheet. These tigers and partners will be ones you have registered since October 1. They will not appear on your printout.