Tour Plan and Policy
Tour and Activity Plan Policy of the Indian Nations Council and
Boy Scouts of America – Effective May 10, 2012
All tour and activity plans are requested to be submitted a minimum of 21 days in advance of their trip or activity. The 21 days in advance request allows time for any defects to be cleared up prior to the trip. This is national Boy Scouts of America’s requirement and must be met.
Where can I find the paper version of the tour and activity plan?
Where can I find the tour and activity plan online?
You will need to log in to www.myscouting.org and select the tour and activity plan under your “Unit Tool.”
A Tour and Activity Plan is required if any of the following conditions apply:
- Trips of 5oo miles or more
- Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council owned property)
- Trips to any national high-adventure base, national Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, the Summit Bechtel Reserve, or a regionally sponsored event
- When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
a) Aquatics activities (swimming, boating ,floating ,scuba, etc.)
b) Climbing and rappelling
c) Orientation flights (process flying plan)
d) Shooting Sports
e) Any activities involving motorized vehicles as a part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.);
- At a council’s request (for events or activities within council boundaries such as for Cub Scout overnight camping.)
The tour and Activity Plan of the Boy Scouts of America and the Indian Nations Council is a check list for best practices to be prepared for safe and fun adventures for Scouts, Leaders, and Charter Organizations of our Council. Completing the Tour and Activity Plan ensures that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure.
The plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.