National Youth Leadership Training
Leadership is a key characteristic in the development of a Boy Scout. National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members of the Boy Scouts of America with leadership skills and experiences they will use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
NYLT concentrates on a modern, systematic learning approach to the skills of leadership, with an emphasis on both theory and practical application. The course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he must KNOW, and what he must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO. The skills come alive during the week as the patrol goes on a Quest for the Meaning of Leadership. For the Scout who desires to be a better leader, NYLT is an unparalleled opportunity.
What will I get out of NYLT ?
- Experience the top tier of youth leadership training in the council
- Gain skills you need to lead your patrol, troop, crew, school group, and even your adult leaders
- Learn team development skills and techniques
- Build on your Crew or Troop leader training
- Activities using some of the latest techno gizmos available
- Great food and we cook most of it for you
2017 NYLT Course
June 19 – 24, 2017
Completed NYLT Application, with all required signatures may be submitted when registering online or submitted to the Scout Resource Center. Required signatures must be submitted in order to participate.
- Boy Scouts/Varsity Scouts
- At least 13 years and completed the 7th grade before 6/1/16
- 1st Class or higher rank
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops
- Scoutmaster approval
- Venture Scout
- Completed Crew Officer Orientation
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews
- Crew Advisor approval
Scholarship Form HERE
Photo Album HERE
Staff Application – COMING SOON
Staff Unit Leader Statement – COMING SOON
Participant Application HERE
Participant Required Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor Statement HERE